13 October, 2020
9:30 am-12:30 pm
(15 spaces available)
Autumn 2020 – Conflict Management – Live Online Workshop
Workplace conflict can have a hugely negative impact on organisations. According to the Confederation of Business Industry, it costs UK business alone an estimated £33billion per year, taking up 20% of leadership time and losing up to 370 million working days. Conflict can be the source of destructive stress and waste of resources – but managed properly, conflict can also be a source of great productivity and restored/bolstered relationships.
This conflict resolution workshop offers a range of tools to help manage workplace disagreements.
On completion of the workshop, the participant will:
- Describe conflict and how it arises
- Identify toxic situations and approaches to handle them successfully
- Explain the role of neuroscience in managing conflict
- Assess their own and others’ modes of conflict
- Develop methods to manage/handle difficulties with people as they happen
- Raise your awareness of conflict: Defining conflict, identifying the common sources, benefits and drawbacks of conflict.
- Roles in conflict: Exploring the belief/behaviour cycle that can underpin conflict as well as the roles and responses people often display when conflict arises.
- Manage yourself in conflict: Exploring the role of neuroscience in mastering your own emotions in a conflict situation.
- Dealing with conflict: Introducing and exploring multiple models and conflict resolution tools.
- Communication in conflict: Preparing for and managing difficult conversations and the key interpersonal skills needed for resolving conflict.
- Moving forward: Employing a systematic approach to solve conflicts using the five key conflict handling strategies.